Clownfish Help

wastememphis

Hello,

I have two clown fish in a 34gallon solana tank, they've been in there for about two years now. Four days ago I noticed a small white object hanging from my one clown fish. I did a 5 gallon water change (RO/DI) and waited a day to see if anything changed. After a couple days it is still there and I started looking online to see if I can find anything about it. The picture below is something I found on google but it looks just like what my fish has. I do not have a spare tank set up to quarantine the fish but I would love some advise on this before I go that route. My tank is full of corals so I'd have to medicate outside of my display tank. It looks like it was feces, it is no longer there though and now there appears to be a small piece missing from the fish. I have an empty 10gallon tank waiting.... thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• fish2-1.jpg
    fish2-1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure why the picture rotated when I added it but please look between the pectoral and the anal fin to see the location where it appears to be a piece "missing" from the fish. What caused this? Can it be saved????

Back