Clownfish pair won't eat...

rfalvey89

Thought I would turn to the forum for help on this one.
Picked up a breeder pair of maroon Clownfish that are in great shape last Tuesday. Drove them for a few hours and acclimated for about another 2 hours.
I see no signs of stress or aggression but they let everything I throw in the tank pass them by.
They do get really active when food is in the tank and come to explore but just will not eat.
I have tried:

Omega One flakes
NLS Pellets
Mega Marine Algae
PE Mysis
Mega Marine Angel
Live Blackworms
LRS Fertility Frenzy ( since they were in a breeding setup )
NORI

The water parameters were roughly the same and by all accounts what we would consider "good"
Any thoughts are appreciated...:reading:

Just give them a little more time. The pair I got from Mike barely showed any interest in food for the first week I had them. They finally started taking a tiny bit of mysis and have been slowly eating better every day. Probably just the stress of the move still affecting them.
Reef Caviar is about the only other food you might try, but if live blackworms aren't triggering a response then who knows.

Just give them a little more time. The pair I got from Mike barely showed any interest in food for the first week I had them. They finally started taking a tiny bit of mysis and have been slowly eating better every day. Probably just the stress of the move still affecting them.
Reef Caviar is about the only other food you might try, but if live blackworms aren't triggering a response then who knows.

glad to hear they are starting to eat again. They surely were PO'd moving! Hope all is good and keep me posted on them. I know when I moved them a few years ago, it was a month or two before they started spawning again.

So I have been letting a little bit of minced garlic get in with their food. The male eats it up. The female ate a ton yesterday and the day before but none today.
Guess just keep trying.

welp ...... they eat.
Put Rod's Coral in with a daily mix and they love it.

*note- they hover by the overflow. Interesting as I have a piece of tile and a flowerpot in there.

Last edited:
Back