co2 scrubber

My pH is pretty low, going between about 7.6 and 7.8. I bought a BRS co2 scrubber in hopes of raising it. Seemed like a sure thing after reading people's experiences using one. It's been a couple of days since I've connected it to my skimmer and my pH has barely raised. Now it goes between 7.7 and 7.8. I was expecting more of a bump than that.

Do I just have a sh*ton of co2 in my house? The very minor increase in pH I got doesn't seem worth the ongoing expense.

Well there is one person here that calls ph the "brat" of the reefing world because it does what it wants.
IF you think it could be the household air open the windows for an hour or so & check.
There is not much else you can do.

My pH is pretty low, going between about 7.6 and 7.8. I bought a BRS co2 scrubber in hopes of raising it. Seemed like a sure thing after reading people's experiences using one. It's been a couple of days since I've connected it to my skimmer and my pH has barely raised. Now it goes between 7.7 and 7.8. I was expecting more of a bump than that.

Do I just have a sh*ton of co2 in my house? The very minor increase in pH I got doesn't seem worth the ongoing expense.

If you live in a hot state/country and you live in the A/C like we do in FL there isn't much you can do. Especially if you have a large family or a lot of breathers in the house. I also got a scrubber and it keeps the ph around 7.9 at night which is far better than the 7.6 and 7.7 it was dropping to. Once it cools down and I open the house up it jumps to 8.2 pretty quickly. Do make sure your Alk is good as that can have an effect on Ph. Otherwise wait until the cooler season or breathe less :).

Back