Cobalt Power Gravel Cleanerâ„¢ Hang-On Aquarium Gravel Cleaner

Pretty sure its just a HOB filter with a long hose attached. Something this simple could be DIYed for way less then the 109$ they want for it.

Great idea and I'm sure it works great, just a little pricey for what it is IMO.

Siphon into the filter sock in your sump while tank is running would work as well. Guess its a decent idea for sumpless tanks.

I was thinking the same thing about the price.
I like the idea of the filter sock I am trying to clean the Diatoms from my sand bed plus I have never figured out a good way to vacuum my sand bed without removing to much sw.
? Will the filter sock catch the Diatoms.
Phil

I do the sock in the sump with a long siphon hose. Works great and depending on the micron size of the sock, it will catch the diatoms. Just make sure your return pump can keep up with the additional water.

Thanks I'm looking at it and drs would love that as if they don't have enough of my $ already LOL. But seriously it doesn't get clogged easy?
I did the filter sock in the sump when I vacuumed the sand. OMG
I'ts not like I like admitting this but truth be told I made the same mistake when I first started with fresh water tanks.
Long story short is that I had not cleaned the sand bed hardly at all. Dah what was I thinking somehow my mind told me this is salt water and u can't clean it like fresh water gravel.
And being new to saltwater is not an excuse for what I did or should I say didn't do.
But one of the biggest problems I have with my set-up is that maintenance is hard because of location. Not trying to make that an excuse but after I vacuumed the sand bed with the sock in the sump it was dam this is great finally have a way to make it easy.
Again no excuses for my ****-ups but I think all will agree that the easier you make it for maintenance the more it will get done.
Back to my problems after I saw my ****-up while vacuuming the sand it also woke me up.
It took only 2 days for the Diatoms to come back on top of the sand.
Today I drained the sump then re-did the sand bed using my sump to run the syphon into then pumped it out into my measuring buckets. Before I filled it back up I took my shop vac and sucked the sump dry.
Will do another 30 gallon WC Mon and again on Wed
Oh and my Refugium is off line I drained it and cleaned it. I have back and hooked up and running nothing in it. I have the valve shut off when I have did the WC's
Hopefully I will finally be able to start getting some Corals.
PHIL

Thanks I'm looking at it and drs would love that as if they don't have enough of my $ already LOL. But seriously it doesn't get clogged easy?
I did the filter sock in the sump when I vacuumed the sand. OMG
I'ts not like I like admitting this but truth be told I made the same mistake when I first started with fresh water tanks.
Long story short is that I had not cleaned the sand bed hardly at all. Dah what was I thinking somehow my mind told me this is salt water and u can't clean it like fresh water gravel.
And being new to saltwater is not an excuse for what I did or should I say didn't do.
But one of the biggest problems I have with my set-up is that maintenance is hard because of location. Not trying to make that an excuse but after I vacuumed the sand bed with the sock in the sump it was dam this is great finally have a way to make it easy.
Again no excuses for my ****-ups but I think all will agree that the easier you make it for maintenance the more it will get done.
Back to my problems after I saw my ****-up while vacuuming the sand it also woke me up.
It took only 2 days for the Diatoms to come back on top of the sand.
Today I drained the sump then re-did the sand bed using my sump to run the syphon into then pumped it out into my measuring buckets. Before I filled it back up I took my shop vac and sucked the sump dry.
Will do another 30 gallon WC Mon and again on Wed
Oh and my Refugium is off line I drained it and cleaned it. I have back and hooked up and running nothing in it. I have the valve shut off when I have did the WC's
Hopefully I will finally be able to start getting some Corals.
PHIL

I have not had any experience of it getting clogged. I went from weekly water changes to biweekly with this thing. On the week with no water change, I graze the sandbed and siphon my sump and overflows with this. Works wonders.

Back