Will this work for a QT?

Trying to get a QT going for my 120g, and was wondering if there would be an issue with a starter kit like this? Wasn't sure if the filter would be too small or not since I read to use an oversized one.

Was going to pick up the 20g

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...fWx3Wq_XU9Z0wT1D_CXWr4Q3_ZfoI15TkcaAnEn8P8HAQ
You don't need a light for a qt tank (unless you are also qt'ing corals. How about just a 20 gallon tank, a thermometer and HOB filter and a heater? Will be a ton cheaper.

You don't need a light for a qt tank (unless you are also qt'ing corals. How about just a 20 gallon tank, a thermometer and HOB filter and a heater? Will be a ton cheaper.

I'll have to go see if my Petco has the $1 per gallon sale because when I was pricing it out didn't seem that much cheaper buying separately

The dr Forster tank is over priced. You don't need the light and the bio wheel can be noisy and sometimes the wheels stop spinning. Buy a $1/gallon at petco, Thermometer $3, Aqua-Clear 50 for $37 and Aqueon Preset Aquarium Heater50W $14

I have a 55g with a heater, a $15 PH, and a aqua-clear filter packed with matrix media. It's always cycled ready for fish. I TTM newcomers and put them in for a few weeks to make sure nothing else comes up. You dont need anything crazy at all.

Back