Converting PC to T5 - is it possible?

g8rorchid

I have a Coralife fixture (Aqualight pro) which consists of 2 150W DE MH bulbs and 2 96W PC bulbs. From what I've gathered (correct me if I'm wrong), actinic/blue T5s will give a more vibrant/deep blue color than PCs. Would they be similar to the color/pop you get from blue LEDs? Sooo would it be possible to somehow change out the PC for T5s in this fixture?? If so, would it be complicated? I should mention that I am a woman and not well versed in the world of DIY or electrical work (I hope I didn't set back women by 50 years with that).

Thanks in advance!

Check with Coralife. Its likely possible with that same ballast but for sure you will have to change the sockets and do some wiring.

If it had the 03 blue Coralife PC bulbs, those were not good at bringing out color. If you go with a 460nm Blue PC bulb, it will give your coral a lot more color.

Current has a good 460nm PC bulb. You may find that a cheaper and easier solution.

Thanks grigsy - I have tried various PC actinic bulbs. They have all looked good, but I just want that extra "pop", ya know?

Anyone else with info or experience??

Back