Coral Food

Nwest

What is everyone's favorite coral food and how do you feed it? I know there is the reef chili, which I have used but never saw any difference.

Thanks!!

My boyfriend and i use reef chili as well. I thought it was me just not seeing an improvement in our corals. We are trying the fuel now...and I toss in a micro pinch of chili still for poops and grins. I thought the stuff looked best when we used the sample pack thing we got in goody bag at frag show. can't remember name...only remember it was hikari purple pack did target feeding when we used that. Anyway would be interesting to hear answers from a good question.

I have used them all and still have most of all of them left. I never saw any difference I have stopped feeding anything. Once in a while maybe 1 time a month I feed my Los a large pellet food. Just 1 or 2 pellet spot feed into each colony.

I have used them all and still have most of all of them left. I never saw any difference I have stopped feeding anything. Once in a while maybe 1 time a month I feed my Los a large pellet food. Just 1 or 2 pellet spot feed into each colony.

I just read this and passed out. I have seen your tanks and to read that you don't feed anything... Sorry, I passed out again. :)

Would you agree with the following statement?

"If you have plenty of fish in the tank, the bio-waste from the fish will take care of feeding the corals. Otherwise, feeding may be a good idea."

I just read this and passed out. I have seen your tanks and to read that you don't feed anything... Sorry, I passed out again. :)

Would you agree with the following statement?

"If you have plenty of fish in the tank, the bio-waste from the fish will take care of feeding the corals. Otherwise, feeding may be a good idea."

Just my personal experiences. I have never run a system with no fish to know if feeding would help if no fish poop. Like I said the only corals that get feed are acans and other Los but not often.

I use ReefRoids, but not really sure it makes any difference. I do feed my fish well and the result is well known :). I do use Zeo Amino Acids also and Zeo Coral Vitalizer but sparingly as the Aminos are really strong and can cause issues if things are not "just right".

Used to use rod's and reef chili. Now strictly fish poo. Judging by the fact my SPS is practically growing out of the water, poo seems to be sufficient. I only have one tang and 5 other small fish.

Back