Corals losing color but growing?

So OP, sorry for the derail, but getting back to the main point, were you running a lot of gfo and carbon fairly consistently? I've heard of those having lightening effects, hopefully now that you've taken them offline you'll see some changes. I'd keep an eye on corals browning out and nuisance algae growth though, maybe run less carbon/gfo than before if those start showing up.

Haha I see my thread took a turn for the worst :p

I stopped running the GFO and Carbon and haven't noticed any nuisance algae build up...

Well besides the stuff already there.

It's so weird because my father has a little Red Sea Max with stock lighting (2 10K bulbs and 2 acintics) and I gave him a couple pieces of an SPS that broke off when putting them in my tank. His haven't lost ANY color. Meanwhile mine have dulled quite a bite. I KNOW I have more lighting in my tank then his lol!

Brother you need a little nitrate and pospate, these elements are required for growth. My tank is stable and has been stable ant 10ppm nitrates. If you have fish. And coral you will have nitrate and pospate. You could be feeding at the wrong time of day. Broadcast feed more at night. Your intensity also seems a bit high, make sure you are dosing your ALK at night when it drops to help keep it in check.

Brother you need a little nitrate and pospate, these elements are required for growth. My tank is stable and has been stable ant 10ppm nitrates. If you have fish. And coral you will have nitrate and pospate. You could be feeding at the wrong time of day. Broadcast feed more at night. Your intensity also seems a bit high, make sure you are dosing your ALK at night when it drops to help keep it in check.

[MENTION=378696]Afaylenerich88[/MENTION] Brother you need to watch your post dates.. :p The post you responded too was in 2011 :fun5:
Welcome to the forum though

"many" are much more aware now vs 9+ years ago that nitrates and phosphates are beneficial nutrients and attempting to eliminate them is not the goal.

You're a late to the party but that's a good tip.

Back