Couldn't have worked out any better

AK707

So I introduced the yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp into the DT about 30 minutes ago. I had them in QT together for a week or so with a Tupperware of sand and a piece of rock. Took them about a day to link up in QT.
HOPEFULLY they stay is this spot right in the front of the tank so you can actually see them instead of burrowing under some rock in the back.
383daca32114d3ee5be0c8965ecda33b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha...i spoke too soon...they are just burrowing under everything, they have moved about a foot already. oh well. woulda been super cool if they hung out in the front corner for everyone to see

They won't really settle in one particular place. The shrimp will constantly be moving around and burrowing in different spots... The goby just follows and hangs out at whichever hole the shrimp happens to be in.
When I set up my aquascape I knew I wanted a goby and tiger pistol, so I purposefully arranged the bottom rocks with the natural edges and openings facing forward to encourage his entrances to be facing the front, but they are little rogues and will bulldoze wherever they want.

Back