Cucumber

Yasser Mahmoud

Dear all,
I was eating cucumber, and when I put a very small piece of it, the Tang fish ate it, so I crushed a piece in the blender and started feeding the fish and found that they liked it. Has any of you tried this option before

Dear all,
I was eating cucumber, and when I put a very small piece of it, the Tang fish ate it, so I crushed a piece in the blender and started feeding the fish and found that they liked it. Has any of you tried this option before
Never heard of that. @leebca thoughts on feeding tangs cucumber?

Based on a quick web search, here's the nutritional values for cucumbers.
  • Calories: 30
  • Total fat: 0 grams
  • Carbs: 6 grams
  • Protein: 3 grams
  • Fiber: 2 grams
  • Vitamin C: 10% of the recommended daily value (DV)
  • Vitamin K: 57% of the DV
  • Magnesium: 9% of the DV
  • Potassium: 12% of the DV
  • Manganese: 9% of the DV

لم اسمع بذلك ابدا. [USER = 65633]leebca [/ USER] أفكار حول تغذية خيار تانجس؟

بناءً على بحث سريع على الويب ، إليك القيم الغذائية للخيار.
  • السعرات الحرارية: 30
  • إجمالي الدهون: 0 جرام
  • الكربوهيدرات: 6 جرام
  • البروتين: 3 جرام
  • الألياف: 2 جرام
  • فيتامين ج: 10٪ من القيمة اليومية الموصى بها (DV)
  • فيتامين ك: 57٪ من القيمة اليومية
  • المغنيسيوم: 9٪ من القيمة اليومية
  • البوتاسيوم: 12٪ من القيمة اليومية
  • المنغنيز: 9٪ من القيمة اليومية

ما رأيك بهذا

Never heard of that. @leebca thoughts on feeding tangs cucumber?

Based on a quick web search, here's the nutritional values for cucumbers.
  • Calories: 30
  • Total fat: 0 grams
  • Carbs: 6 grams
  • Protein: 3 grams
  • Fiber: 2 grams
  • Vitamin C: 10% of the recommended daily value (DV)
  • Vitamin K: 57% of the DV
  • Magnesium: 9% of the DV
  • Potassium: 12% of the DV
  • Manganese: 9% of the DV
I feed my fish (for the most part) what they will find in the ocean -- natural foods. I wouldn't consider feeding cucumber or any land fruit or vegetable to my marine fish just on that basis. But there's more to consider when it comes to the needs of Tangs.

There always seems to be a rumor or claim to feed marine fish some unusual land food. I simply feed what is in the Fish Nutrition post. No land fruit or vegetable provides HUFA the Tang needs in its diet. Tangs (the older ones especially) need marine seaweed and algae to produce their own internal oil.

The posted nutritional value for cucumber is missing an important bit of information. What quantity of cucumber does this represent. For 30 calories, it likely is approximately 1 3/4 cup. That's a lot to feed a medium sized Tang daily. It isn't worth it.

Will Tangs or any ornamental marine fish eat what we put into the tank? Yes. It doesn't mean it is good for them. For decades (beginning in the 1970's) we fed Tangs Romaine lettuce. They ate it. But was it good for them. Absolutely not. We learned later that Romaine lettuce doesn't contain enough HUFA needed by Tangs. We then turned to nori and later, seaweed.

Back