Current LED Lights

Any issues with the placement of the "IR" remote, does the light have to see the timer/remote? Will the lights automatically run events or do you have to use the remote to run events (change lighting, make a storm and so on) each time?

The controller is in line with the lights, you just place the controller where you have line sight with remote. I don't use the storm feature so I'm not sure; but you program % of whites and blues on separate channels, ramp time with % up and down, it has more features than I use. It has pre-programs or you custom program. If you make temporary changes, you just hit "resume" and it will go back to your main program.

So will it automatically run an effect, say on Tue. at noon a storm or something like that ...do you know? Also right now I only have freshwater, will the marine light be OK for freshwater do you think?

Have to hit the hay, thanks for the information.

I don't know about pre programming a storm, I don't use that feature. The one I put in the link is just a nice white and blue led combo, you can adjust the balance you like. It will be just as good for freshwater, it just gives a nice color balance to bring the colors of your fish; and the leds gives you that shimmer in the water. They do make one for freshwater that is less expensive, the white spectrum for the freshwater is lower than for the marine. I was going to do a cichlid tank and was going to use this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7OTEVS/ref=psdc_2975458011_t2_B00C7OTIV4?th=1

Its a great product. Had 2 sets running on my freshwater tank and my FOWLR tank for a few years now with no issues.

Now that i have a reef tank i use the Mars Aqua 165w lights.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a current marine pro. This is the 2nd one I've had and the timer seems wacky. I emailed them but no response yet.

The other morning the light was on a 5am. on one of their preprogramed times. Shouldn't be coming on til 8:30.

I had the marine one for freshwater, and the plants (only Val) did great. I now have it on my reef tank, and my monitpora has grown dramatically. My frogspawn, toadstool and zoas are doing well. I got an RBTA, and it's doing well, but it does like to stay up higher close to light. I have a shallow 12-inch-deep 33 long tank.

i used one of current's freshwater plus 48" led's for my tank when i was undecided on which lighting to use long term.
for a fowlr it is an awesome light with great features but it is in no way enough light to grow corals. in fact, it wasn't even enough light to grow nuisance algae for the 2.5 months i ran it. when i did eventually decide on my-8 bulb sunpower i also tried to use it to supplement my t5's and the led light was completely overtaken by the t5.
in short, if you are going to go that direction go with the "marine" version but still should probably temper your coral expectations as it would likely struggle to meet med/low light requirements.
i'll post a photo of how it looked later. i can't seem to get photobucket working at the moment.

Back