Current Loop Led Lighting needed

shackscs

Super Premier Member
I have a 65 gallon reef tank.

So far I am running two Current Loop units but still not getting the lighting that I got when I was running a 6 bulb HO-T5 fixture.

From what at I have read, the lights are good for fish only or easy softies tanks.

For those who have these lights, what settings are you using to get good growth and pop?

I really don't want to have replace them and am willing raise up my rock formation up to meet the light requirements of LPS and or SPS if need be

Attachments

• IMG_20231115_200139190_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231115_200139190_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • Pixlr_20231115201203389.jpg
    Pixlr_20231115201203389.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231115_200139190_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231115_200139190_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
I’m not familiar with Current Loop and a quick internet search didn’t turn anything up. Can you give more detail in what these lights are?

@griss the lights are likely the Orbit Marine LED produced by Current with the Loop device to control them via app.

As to the the question at hand, I don’t run these lights but here’s par values I found online for the Pro version (not sure what version yours are);

IMG_0116.jpeg

Given that, another reefer tested par and found this for 125 gallon tank for par values (credit: threebuoys on R2R)

IMG_0115.png

With all of that said, if you want LPS and or SPS I’d work on getting rock raised some. While 200 par isn’t bad (given the first and third charts), it’s on the adequate to good side for LPS and lower end for most SPS. It also appears you have a significant par drop if you want much pop from the blues (second chart). I hope this helps some.

I’m not familiar with Current Loop and a quick internet search didn’t turn anything up. Can you give more detail in what these lights are?
Sorry, I meant Current Marine.

Current USA 36-48" Inch Orbit Marine LED Saltwater Reef Marine Aquarium Light | 24 Hour IR Lighting & eFlux Wave Pump Control | Adjustable Color Spectrum for Fish Tank (4102) Amazon.com

@griss the lights are likely the Orbit Marine LED produced by Current with the Loop device to control them via app.

As to the the question at hand, I don’t run these lights but here’s par values I found online for the Pro version (not sure what version yours are);

View attachment 32392744

Given that, another reefer tested par and found this for 125 gallon tank for par values (credit: threebuoys on R2R)

View attachment 32392745

With all of that said, if you want LPS and or SPS I’d work on getting rock raised some. While 200 par isn’t bad (given the first and third charts), it’s on the adequate to good side for LPS and lower end for most SPS. It also appears you have a significant par drop if you want much pop from the blues (second chart). I hope this helps some.
Thanks for the info. I will look at raising the rock a bit. It is actually one piece of Marco Rock I assembled.

Back