Cuttlefish feeding

lvpd186

Reefing in NE
I stopped by my brother's house today to help him tear down a tank and he showed me his cuttlefish. Those things are super cool to watch. One of them kept making this black flash run down his back (kind of like a strobe). It was amazing to watch. I was able to get some video of them eating, as soon as it is uploaded to youtube I will post a link. You will have to excuse the video quality though, all I had was my iphone and my brother wasn't expecting me to film anything so the glass wasn't clean. :cool:

The tank is a custom one that he built, but I think it's 75g total. I don't know the dimensions off hand, sorry.

Brad, how big and old are the cuttle fish? If i remember right, they have a short lifespan.

Re: Cuttlefish feeding

They are under a year old and about 3-4 inches. Not sure how long they live but I believe you are correct. Dave has mentioned he might not get anymore because there is a lot of work and they don't live all that long. Maybe our speaker will shed some light on the topic?

Do you know what species? Most warm water cuttles only live 18-24 months, and some less than that (~200 days, is all). Cool animals, though.

Back