decatur

46cobraguy

Anyone on here from decatur? Im from mt zion area, but go to school in Dekalb. Was just wondering if anyone in the area had some nice set ups, seeing as how we don't really have any good stores in the area.

I saw one name on here from decatur the other day. Can't remember who, but I know there's someone floating around.

where do you guys shop? kens has gone down hill, as well as fish man, and sailfin....is there any decent reef stores around the area? maybe im just spoiled with the stores up here(chicagoland)? but it seems like anything in central illinois doesnt have that many corals, or fish selection...

there are two good ones in Bloomington. Johnny's reef experience. and marine aquatics. I also go to STL there are good stores down there.

have you guys tried rods food? and what is johnnys? is that the k9 place in bloomington that sells saltwater? I think its called k9 country club, its in an industrial area in normal i think... and then what about pet supply center, also in normal...

yes it is the k9 country club place. he is really getting some good stuff. I am not sure about any other stores but the two I mentioned.

is marine aquatics the one in a shopping strip? I think i have been there before...the fish room is in the back and is kind of small?

I've used Rod's food with decent results. It's pricy, but if you don't want to make your own food mix, it's probably worth it.

Marine Aquatics is on college in a little strip mall with about 5 stores. He has redone the store with a different fish room and he has a new invert system. he has pretty good stuff and I have had good luck with the fish I have bought from him. I still have one of the first chromis I bought from him when I first set up my tank.

here is the link to his site.

http://www.marineaquatics.biz/

well, from living in dekalb i know rod....and i def use his food, i was just seeing if people downstate were using it. I had never heard of it until i moved up here awhile ago...he's such a stand up guy, have you guys looked as his clowns? awesome fish IMO

iam from decatur and we are getting a new reef stor reef fx will be the name opening the end of march but dewayne the oner told me if i needed something he would sell it to me until he gets his tanks cycled and the doors opened I think i am going to buy a reef ready 210 off of him hopefully this week i talked to him for a hour today

reef ready 210 thats sweet!! & We always can use another LFS, Would like to check this place out, Please keep us posted on this.

Ya i told him he should have had a sing on the building the day he got it and will need sign on the border with flags to get there atension he is not in the best location really I figure he will get some dumb rich people that like the pretty fishys lol in forsyth so he may make some money off them. he said he was building a place on his property where he can grow and sell coral wholesale

I would like to speak with him from a club stand point, please please get him my email address..... LoweJ@att.net ANYwhere you go and see LoweJ82 its me or well it should be lol RC,RF,RB,RS,BNARC,UBERFRAGS,CIMA,CURC,SDIRB..Ebay.....lmao im sure you get the point.

I know he was going out of town for a week. I will try to call him today i need to find out whats up with the tank. I would say anyone that is out that way that wanted to stop buy there should he was pretty cool. He was driving a red dodge truck

I will see if he wants his number given out please excuse me if it takes me a bit been pushing snow and salting and it looks like there is more on the way

Back