dialing in skimmer

notsofishy

Ive been wondering lately about how my skimmer should by dialed in I have an older tunze and Im trying to figure out how aggressively to run it? Ie how often should I have to empty it what the foam should look like? Any suggestions?

which skimmer? it really depends on ur bioload, and i wet you skim it. I remeber i had tunze 9010 and 9020 in my 120 g b4, but my tank were empty just live rocks. basically when you first start it, try to have about 1" of foam at collection cup, that makes it skim dry, and maybe after few days make sure it's all stable, you can run it more wet ( maybe half " or less ).

i loved the tunzes, very compact size, and i remeber when i skim it dry, i clean it about every 4 days, and wet, i clean it every 2 days. The only part i don't like about tunze is that it's alil bit hard to do minor adjustment with the lil screw.

yea im not exactly sur what type its one of the older tunzes by 1"of foam do you mean there should be 1" from the top of the foam to where it bubbles over?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12233367#post12233367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by notsofishy
yea im not exactly sur what type its one of the older tunzes by 1"of foam do you mean there should be 1" from the top of the foam to where it bubbles over?

yes.
i mean there should be 1" of foam b4 it goes into the collection cup, it's going to be dry skim, but it's better when u first start it so u can make sure it doesn't overflow.

90578790bx3.jpg

Back