Dipping Options

cfronczek

Working on transferring over my corals into my new setup which is starting from scratch. Want to ensure no pests make it into new tank. Was looking for recommendations on dipping. I have Bayer for the SPS (have seen some red bugs in past), but also have some zoas and LPS which will be transferred over as well. Any recommendations for what you are using with success?

I was under the assumption that Bayer was safe for all corals I have done soft,lps,and sps and everyone is doing fine ....but maybe I got lucky check with FAOIS and see what they recommend

I was under the assumption that Bayer was safe for all corals I have done soft,lps,and sps and everyone is doing fine ....but maybe I got lucky check with FAOIS and see what they recommend

Bayer is safe for all corals. I've dipped everything like you and never had a problem. Although I don't like that its a milky white color and you can't really see what is coming off, so lately I've been using Coral RX.

I use Bayer on all my corals.

If you still have sps corals on frag plugs and have seen red bugs in the past, I'd cut them at the base and ditch the old frag plug before dipping. Mount them on new plugs if you wish after dipping.

I use Bayer on all my corals.

If you still have sps corals on frag plugs and have seen red bugs in the past, I'd cut them at the base and ditch the old frag plug before dipping. Mount them on new plugs if you wish after dipping.

Definitely. AEFW also lay there eggs on the base of acros or under the frag plugs so that is a good practice.

Cut all fresh fragments as you put them in the new system. I use Coral RX and even fresh water on softies.

Back