DIY aquarium lid

joken19

I’m new to this forum and reef tanks. I currently have a glass 40 gal breeder with a center brace. I’m not sure what to do as far as tank lid/cover. Seen several DIY one, but trying to figure out the best solution! Someone please help!?

I’m new to this forum and reef tanks. I currently have a glass 40 gal breeder with a center brace. I’m not sure what to do as far as tank lid/cover. Seen several DIY one, but trying to figure out the best solution! Someone please help!?
It's generally excepted not to put glass covers on marine tanks to promote gas exchange and light penetration. However mesh screens are used to keep jumpy fish in. Here one of a few DIY kits:

Shop | Innovative Marine Products

Welcome to ReefCentral! :)

You can also buy the aquarium screen clear netting and a window screen frame kit from Amazon and custom make it to fit your tank. A hacksaw and screen spline roller is the only tools you need.

I go to Home Depot and buy a window screen kit and put clear mesh in it I get from Bulk Reef Supply. I use the .25 inch square mesh.
I have made the tops for my 75, 180 and 240 gallon tanks.

Back