diy canopy

saltyair

First I will admit I am not much of a diy guy.

I have a friend that is a skilled cabinet maker building a canopy and sump framing.

Here are a few things i would like to do and not sure were to start.

1. I have vertex led 3x 3foot and one 2 foot. How to place them (hanging kit or part of the canopy?
2. I also want to add 2 t5 bulbs (ballast from an old fixture)
3. will need 2 fans - is it possible to run these without an extra plug? wire into ballast?
4. some of you will think this is crazy - but I want to also add reflectors. what would be the best way to do this? incorporate into the canopy?

thank you for your help

I built a pretty fugly hood for my DIY LED array. Using a roll of 6" aluminum sheet (big box home stores in the roofing section) I rolled out 48" and cut it with tin snips then bent the sides up to look like a standard light hood. To hold my lights I just drilled small holes and zip tied them into place. It's super gheto in appearance but since it lives inside my nice oak canopy I don't care.
If you're going through the trouble, IMHO this is a good time to consider the move to LED lights.

i was thinking of doing the dome thing. I do have LED's (vertex) but want to supplement some t5's

I built a pretty fugly hood for my DIY LED array. Using a roll of 6" aluminum sheet (big box home stores in the roofing section) I rolled out 48" and cut it with tin snips then bent the sides up to look like a standard light hood. To hold my lights I just drilled small holes and zip tied them into place. It's super gheto in appearance but since it lives inside my nice oak canopy I don't care.
If you're going through the trouble, IMHO this is a good time to consider the move to LED lights.

Back