diy led power supply?

jjoos99

I am trying to replace a failed meanwell rsp 1000-48. Can I replace this expensive unit that cant be rebuilt with 3 lrs 350-48 power supplies? I am currently running my ldd drivers off a terminal strip that is powered with the one 48 volt power supply. I need 1000w and 20 amp output to power my leds. Would I just run each outputs from the 3 smaller power supplies to a common terminal strip? would they pull equally off each unit or possibly pull harder on one unit over another?
I have tried to have 2 of the rsp 1000-48 repaired and both times told they are too expensive to repair. I dont want to get into this situation again.
thanks
Jeff

No those supplies cannot be run in parallel..
But you can likely split your system into 3 individual circuits

I am trying to replace a failed meanwell rsp 1000-48. Can I replace this expensive unit that cant be rebuilt with 3 lrs 350-48 power supplies? I am currently running my ldd drivers off a terminal strip that is powered with the one 48 volt power supply. I need 1000w and 20 amp output to power my leds. Would I just run each outputs from the 3 smaller power supplies to a common terminal strip? would they pull equally off each unit or possibly pull harder on one unit over another?
I have tried to have 2 of the rsp 1000-48 repaired and both times told they are too expensive to repair. I dont want to get into this situation again.
thanks
Jeff

everything you want regarding current sharing power supplies..

https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/techzone/2016/sep/properly-configure-parallel-power-supplies

I took mcgyvr advise and ordered 3 of the 350 watt supplies and will pick up two more terminal strips. I really like this idea since if I loose one of them I will still have lights just not full strength.
Thanks
Jeff

I took mcgyvr advise and ordered 3 of the 350 watt supplies and will pick up two more terminal strips. I really like this idea since if I loose one of them I will still have lights just not full strength.
Thanks
Jeff
it's for the best...
Though, to be honest, think this solution was mentioned a long time ago.. ;)

Thanks to all, I have been so overwhelmed with getting these up and running again it has been driving me crazy, plus in the middle of a tank upgrade and didn't need this to happen.
Thanks
Jeff

I have to say that oreo57 did mention using 4 power supplies in another thread I had running trying to decide between 1000w units. It didnt hit home till another thread poster on ldd drivers mentioned using multiple lrs 350-48 and when I saw the price of only $33 a piece it was a no brainer. Mcgyvr explained how I needed to do it. Everyone gets credit!!!
thanks all
Jeff

Back