Do amino acids benefit a LPS tank?

I have a 55 dedicated to LPS frags and eveything is growing well just on water changes. I do keep a heavily stocked tank when it comes to fish, so it may be getting what it needs naturally.

I'm going to say it does help. I've been using for around 5 years and I love it. Also, WWC uses it in their system so I'm going to say it works.

I'm unsure of how they actually dose it, but I just add 2ml per day to my 40g system and 3ml per day to my 125g. I just broadcast feed it into my water column. Nothing crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 55 dedicated to LPS frags and eveything is growing well just on water changes. I do keep a heavily stocked tank when it comes to fish, so it may be getting what it needs naturally.

It's because you guys have that magic water out there. lol.
How often do you change water and how much?

not 100% if it does anything but I like to think so... I dont do water changes so I dose acropower just for the heck of it..

We use what's on sale... Right now it's instant ocean. We try to change water every 2 weeks at 10 percent.

Ever any issues with switching salts? Do you guys just switch cold turkey? I've been using IO for YEARS and was always nervous to switch.

Ever any issues with switching salts? Do you guys just switch cold turkey? I've been using IO for YEARS and was always nervous to switch.

Well, we stick to the cheapest, so it's always IO or coralife. Always cold turkey. Going to something like reef crystals or fritz would be a more dramatic change I would think.

If the reason why you think you need aminos is pale color corals adding fish always helped me.

Back