do you have sohal tang

trekel

ive read up on this fish but i wanted to hear some peoples experience with this fish like what food you supplement them with how big is your tank what what size is the fish how aggresive is it do you keep them with other tangs / surgeon fishany infromation would be greatly appreciated thank you

Hi,

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Hes a model citizen whos just a tad on the aggressive side. I have him with a larger Palani Tang (this is what I think keeps him tame), An Anularis Angel, Regal Angel, and misc fish. I think hes a good addition to the tank, but yours is a bit small.

Paul

my first sohal was in a 150g & grew from 2 in to 10+ in about 2 yrs

My present sohal is about 2 in & he's only been in the tank for about 2 months with no issues so far

For a 55g it's a definant NO because your tank is to small. They need LOTS of room to swim & grow VERY fast. I wouldn't put one in a tank smaller the 6ft long

I had one for about 2 years and recently sold it because it was getting too aggresive (Trigger personality). His diet was mainly with seaweed and formula one pellets.

unfortunantly mine died when I was on vacation

.... a co-worker did not listen to what I told him

add water when you see bubbles or just add a bucket every day or so. He added nothing & killed a lot of beautifull healthy fish :(

hopefully my present sohal will keep his attitude in check. He's in a 260g now but I how to upsize the tank to a 525g in a year or so

Here's a pic of mine in my 500 gallon, he's about 12", he has been pretty good, definitly the boss. I have had him for about 1 1/2 years now, eats everything.

hpim02926qj.png

Thats one awesome Sohol.

How often do you feed him and how big was he when you purchased him. Whats the length of your tank?

Cheers

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8127334#post8127334 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bushwick
Thats one awesome Sohol.

How often do you feed him and how big was he when you purchased him. Whats the length of your tank?

Cheers
He was about 9-10" when I got him, I feed him formula 1 & 2 once a day, seaweed 2 times a week and he also eats shrimp, squid and krill every 2-3 days. The tank is 8x3x3 , on how active he is I wouldn't put him anything smaller than 8ft long.

Had one for 2 years, very aggressive with other Tangs. As someone posted, it will be the boss in no time. Mine grew from about 4 inches to about 7 inches in the two years. Not the fastest growing fish.
Unfortunately, mine just started spinning one day, facing straight up at the top of the water line and while swimming around the tank. He did this for a week, even continued to eat between spinning, then developed an infection under its lip, probably banged into rock while spinning, that spread right up to the top of his head until he eventually died.
It was a great fish that looked beautiful with alot of personality.
I did not QT as one was not set up, so he didn't survive it.

Back