Does anyone repair JBJ chillers?

RivieraBayReef

Does anyone know where to get a 1/3 JBJ Arctica chiller repaired? It stopped cooling the tank a while back and created an emergency. I ended up ordering a new one, but at almost 900 a piece, I'd like to see if this could be rebuilt to keep as a spare. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone repair JBJ chillers?

Did it shut off or stop cooling? Check the fuse or get it recharged with freon. I haven't known chillers to go bad often. You do have to maintain them....open up the case and vacuum out the dust near the fans, maybe there's too much crud in the pipes so flush that out, or if not, see about getting it recharged but make sure they look for any leaks first.

Last edited:
most small appliances will come with a factory sealed refrigerant system. Piercing valve style line taps are the easy way to examine refrigerant levels, long term they tend to leak. A 1/4" flare access fitting can be welded in, if one has the correct tools, and then a vacuum pump to purge the system and clean gas to refill. Best bet is to make friends with a refrigeration tech and take him a case of beer.

Back