Doing a very budget build for a classroom, need stuff

Ludwigia73

Reef Reef Reef Reef Reef
Premium Member
Hey there,
Just ordered the tank, will be doing a 40 gallon long for a high school classroom. The rough idea on inhabitants will be a few different colored zoas, 2 different acans (to show the diversity within a species), frogspawn, couple of rock anemones, a chalice, candy cane, and a few others.

I basically need everything, sand, rock, lights, hang on back skimmer, etc...

GOing with LED's, put a few feelers out there, haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. May go chinese boxes, may go light fixture.

I don't expect anything for free, but this will be a budget build (child support comes first).

I'll also be detailing the build, then the interaction of the kids with the tank.

Right now, skimmer and lighting come first, does anyone have anything for sale in good condition for budget pricing?

Thanks in advance!

CHris

I have a reef octopus BH300 dual pumps HOB skimmer, great condition, got it new and only used for a few month, think about $50 or let me know what can work with your budget

If you haven't already reached out on ********* I'd recommend posting there as well and people can probably help you locate some stuff. The buying and selling forum there is also very active and you can likely find some good deals on some of the equipment

I have a skimmer you can have for free. It's a super reef octopus 2000 I believe. Hasn't run in two years. Needs to be cleaned but should still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the tank is up and running let me know I could donate some corals. Don't really have much equipment to donate :/

Pm sent, eland... itzfrank, I’ll use yours as a backup plan. Fasteddie, thanks much! I have a ways to go for that.

Very generous of all of you... need lights next, though

Elandjest, thanks very much for a great deal on a great skimmer. Now my biggest problem is lights... need 2 led boxes or 1 4' fixture, need some good power, will do some basic sps.

I work in Boca, sharpimage... I'm looking for smaller shelf pieces, 2-4 lbs each max. Could you snap a quick pic? I'll pm you my #

Cubetank, thanks, but this has to be a countertop build, needs to be hang on back... Pretty quickly, I"ll be doing a refugium which would be great for biology class. where in Miami? I live off Hollywood blvd and 95, so certain parts of miami aren't out of reach.

Back