dont go to Todds

Its really sad to see someone treat there store and customers like that. Particularly in a poor economy like this. Folks are going to want to spend there hard earned money were they think they are appreciated.

Unfortunately IMO this is not a new thing at Todds, it has always seemed like you were bothering him when you asked for something. I left there on more than one occasion because they are just so rude. You ask for a fish or a coral, and someone sighs at you, I don't think so. I'll go some where else, thanks.

Sad to see really, there are not a lot of LFS around, and they should all be appreciative of there customers.

One that is just as bad if not worse is South Broadway Tropicals. You couldn't give me a million dollars to go in there and take a dump on there floor. That has to be the worst place in town.

Like I said, I go back to ReefHotSpot.com and I do agree about aquamart. I have to be honest, I haven't been to Keys in a long time but know a good source that buys from him and seems to be pleased. I dropped off a anemone with Todd's and he tossed him right in. I almost grabbed my anemone back because I felt so bad? What can you do, seeing people walk in to have there water tested and say they can't keep anything alive (as I see the NH3 test go dark red) and he suggests they do a small water change. Ha, drain it and throw in a hamster! I guess I would suck at owning a LFS, just can't stand irresponsible tank owners. It made me sick, as I shuffled my frozen food into my bag and wished I had ear plugs so I didn't hear all that. Wish frozen food wasn't so expensive online, I would never go in there.

South Broadway, how could they still be open. Hey, if your looking to "dump" your hard earned money than take a trip to Neptunes. I was in there once, before I grabbed my wallet tight and ran out the door. I'm all for making a buck, but raping clients is another story. Crabs are about as expensive as making a trip to Colfax, if you know what I mean:) I am all for a LFS that rocks and is fair. I appreciate being able to see the animals, but at those prices I will fly to the carribean and pull them myself!

Just a heads up, Keys and Aquamart both sell frozen food, and are really inexpensive. Aquamart has a larger selection and might be a couple bucks cheaper. I also get a few of my frozen foods at Petco(thats the only thing I buy there) but it is cheap there too.

Just another option for ya.

HTH

I know Fish Den is an older and bit run down shop, but they have always been very nice guys. I was going there when my mom had to take me to shops. I was just there and they are having a sale on Omega one frozen foods. Picked up a 16oz. mysid shrimp package for $12.00, reg $16. I had never got omega one before, but my fish sure do like it. I also picked up three Banghi Cardinals sp? for $10.99 each. As you might know, they havent sold for that price in quite a while. They are doing great as we speak.

I think if you went to a furniture store and they treated you like crap, you would just leave. Same goes for a fish store to me!!

+1 on the comments in this thread. Todd's employees have ALWAYS acted like you are a total pain in their a**. I have watched them take in shipments...........all they do is float and dump. Always dead fish in tanks, and never a helpful moment.
I think perhaps the problem is that none of them enjoy what they do anymore if they ever did..........And when that happens it is time to quit or hire new employees. It never ceases to amaze me how busy that store is considering the level of customer care they don't give. I have never lost a fish or coral from Key's. I love the attention to detail that Aquamart provides and if you need something now....they probably have it. Jon and Don's Hobbies were SUPER helpful when I needed the 210 last year, and I will certainly go back to check out all their corals.
I just had someone come to my house to buy some frags and they were telling me their experience with Liquid Kingdom? and the owner told them not to use a skimmer and to wait atleast a couple of weeks to put in live rock so the tank would cycle quicker.
WHAT! are you kidding me? The fastest way to cycle a tank (or not have a cycle) is to add as much live rock as you can as quick as you can.........Tab and I have NEVER cycled a tank, and never lost anything doing it that way.
There is some really questionable advise being given out these days and hobbyists really need to do their homework..........read alot, listen to a lot of experienced people and make your decisions based on similarities from all of the info gleaned.

Just my opinion of course!! LOL
:rollface:

I think I'll take this moment to bash South Broadway and say that they are terrible as well. Bad prices, bad fish, bad customer service. I'm a pretty big fan of Reef and Pond. They always have great customer service. Prices are usually pretty good, and the fish are typically healthy looking. Infact, I just bought a copper banded butterfly from them today.
Anyway, just my $0.02.
-Dave

I aslo like reef and pond. They also have a great selection of used equipment. its nice when your in need of a quick cheap fix. I do think some of the prices are a little high though, and I don't think the quality is as nice as other stores.

I would agree with everyone on Todd's - I visited the place last year and then again a couple of month later and vowed to never step food in that place again. Same experience, like they were being bothered by you inquiring about livestock/prices/etc.

I used to be big on Aquamart, especially when it was Premiere. But I feel like their customer service has went down hill. Before Reefstock I was trading 5-6 RBTA's for a couple milli frags from their display. Said they would frag the milli's the following weekend and I could come back and they would be ready (mind you I live in Thornton). I called to verify the frags were ready a couple of times before driving down - the staff was always to busy to check. So I drove down - they weren't fragged. They apologized and said they would frag the following day. Drove down a second time, still not fragged. Talked to Bill about it, he acted like it was a huge deal to take a frag. I just bought some frozen food to use up my credit and walked out. I won't visit Aquamart again.

Back