doser suggestions

featherblue

looking for dosing pump suggestions for a redsea reefer 170, the model with a sump. I need 2 heads, nopox and alk, but I'd consider a unit with 3 or 4. what are you using? what do you like or hate about it?
does anyone understand the pricing difference in some options? theres a jaboe with 4 heads for $90, and something that seems the same to my uninformed self for $240....what's the difference?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm using one older, "œbuttons on the front" 3 head and a newer "œapp controlled" dosers, both Kamoer and both still reliable.
The reliability part, I believe, is the biggest difference with dosers, pumps, skimmers, most of the larger ticket items.
You get what you pay for. As long as you accept that, you spend what you're comfortable spending.

I think I waiverd a bit, but I stand by what I said.
More to the point, you may only need two heads now, but at some point you may want to use more additives, or even kalk. Consider 4 heads, or at least the ability to daisy chain or add a slave to a master unit.
App control enables you to install the doser in more places since you don't have to touch any buttons. You will still need to replace tubing or otherwise maintenance on occasion though.
Not every doser uses the same tubing, and some can be difficult to find.
Personally, a 4 head doser under $100 makes me suspicious. A 4 head doser for $600 makes me shake my head. Spend $250-350 and get a good one that's not ridiculous.
But that's just me.

Back