Dosing Prodibio BioKit - Dead Fishes

PeterBel

Hi guys,

short story, i started dosing Prodio after reading good reviews 2 months ago. When i first used it, my 5 Cardinal died, i have 100G + system and followed the recommended dosing of 2 vials of each product included in the BioKit.

After my 1st try, i was skeptic and decided to dose 1/2 of the recommended dose (1 vial of each) without any issues for 1 month. in the meantime, i bought 5 blue/green chromis and they were active, eating etc for 2 weeks.

Last night, i dosed the recommended dose (2 vials) feeling secure that after 6 weeks of dosing, i could use the recommended dose. Well, today, my 5 chromis are dead!

I also noted that my ORP went down by 100 (Apex system), my corals retracted and the water is cloudy.

Anyone experienced something similar? This product have a great reputation and i wonder what in my tank can react that bad with this product?

I would say that is a weird outcome of using Prodibio, I have used them for a while and I have never had any issues, the stuff does not need to be refrigerated so it cannot go bad. I would diffentially post this is the Chemistry forum.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112 Here

I agree, it's a weird outcome! That's why i think there is something in my tank that react with one of the vial content! I also stopped (as recommended) my Skimmer and carbon reactor for the night. Maybe related to it, could my carbon reactor release a bunch of bad stuff when restarting into the water? :debi:

but at the same time, it didn't do that when dosing 1 vial only.

(is there a way to move the thread to the chemistry forum, i don't want to double post the same subject.)

Back