BACK AGAIN!!!

Hey y’all
I am back at it again. This time,I am yanking my hair out.
I am an old schooler. I had a 75rectangle and a 92gallon corner. Now I have 150rectangle DO.
The tank is 3 months old. I stocked it with new stuff every few days. May still be too quick but I never had an ammonia spike the first month. I had my LFS use real ocean water(I live in Florida now). I have good rock and 80lbs of dry sand as well as 80lbs of live. I had tons of Diatoms and soon after a few patches of cyano.
My phos was .25 and my nitrates were 2.
I have been dosing microbacter7 and doing 10% weekly water changes. I put phosban in the sump. I am running activated carbon too. Now I have what looks like Dino’s.
Today I am planning on a slightly larger water change as I am panicking a bit. I also have what looks like more than normal green on my rocks. I feel like I no longer know what I am doing.
Should I just relax and let things do what they do?

First, welcome back. Can you provide some more specifics on your system? Lighting, filtration, etc. Plus, what are your other parameters? Alk, Ca, Mg.

IMO, your PO4 is a bit on the high side, but your NO3 is in the lower end of the good range.

Change the water based on what your testing tells you about the condition of the water.
Too much green - turn down the lights some.
Gook growing usually means you need more flow.

First, welcome back. Can you provide some more specifics on your system? Lighting, filtration, etc. Plus, what are your other parameters? Alk, Ca, Mg.

IMO, your PO4 is a bit on the high side, but your NO3 is in the lower end of the good range.

3 hydra 32’s set for 10hours ramps on both sides mostly blue through the schedule 4.5 hours of light around 150PAR. 22” from the light
Reef octopus 150int that will need to get bigger or get replaced
160lbs of dry rock
80lbs dry sand
80lbs of Carrie sea live sand
2 maxspect gyre 35%
4 Mp-40’s at 30-40%
12 fish
Half assed clean up crew
Eshoppes sump
Air stone in sump
Fighting nutrients and I guess I forgot how to balance
SG 1.026
Alk 12ish
Ph 8.1
77 degrees
Calcium 445
Mag 1320
If phos is correct .03 was .25. I am waiting for my new glasses
Nitrate look around 2
Nitrite around 1 again waiting on glasses
Salifert test kits. Complete Hanna checker system comes today

3 hydra 32’s set for 10hours ramps on both sides mostly blue through the schedule 4.5 hours of light around 150PAR. 22” from the light
Reef octopus 150int that will need to get bigger or get replaced
160lbs of dry rock
80lbs dry sand
80lbs of Carrie sea live sand
2 maxspect gyre 35%
4 Mp-40’s at 30-40%
12 fish
Half assed clean up crew
Eshoppes sump
Air stone in sump
Fighting nutrients and I guess I forgot how to balance
SG 1.026
Alk 12ish
Ph 8.1
77 degrees
Calcium 445
Mag 1320
If phos is correct .03 was .25. I am waiting for my new glasses
Nitrate look around 2
Nitrite around 1 again waiting on glasses
Salifert test kits. Complete Hanna checker system comes today
I love it. I'd remove the phosban now. See what the Hanna says for phosphate. Lot's of goopy things look like dinos so don't panic yet (cyano, chrysophytes, random bacterias). Do you have a microscope?

Are you dosing anything besides microbacter7? What salt are you using for water changes? I ask because Alk around 12ish seems a bit high...unless you are using RS Coral Pro. There's nothing wrong with the Alk being that high, was just curious as to how it got there.

Post a picture when you have a chance.

Lastly, don't panic. Nothing good happens fast in a marine aquarium!

I love it. I'd remove the phosban now. See what the Hanna says for phosphate. Lot's of goopy things look like dinos so don't panic yet (cyano, chrysophytes, random bacterias). Do you have a microscope?
Cool. I just sucked up a bunch of nonsense and did 5 extra gallons. I am also going away on vacation and have a service coming that is familiar with this aquarium. No I do not have a good microscope. I am a stupid musician so I don’t know if I would have a clue what was what.
Are you dosing anything besides microbacter7? What salt are you using for water changes? I ask because Alk around 12ish seems a bit high...unless you are using RS Coral Pro. There's nothing wrong with the Alk being that high, was just curious as to how it got there.

Post a picture when you have a chance.

Lastly, don't panic. Nothing good happens fast in a marine aquarium!
fritz blue box. ESV 2 part plus ESV Mag. All are off line right now. I am letting my Alk lover a bit

2D63A14C-87A4-4087-9519-332C1A364F90.jpeg

Back