Dosing Query - Kalk & Amino

vjb71

Hi

I want to start dose kalk and Acropower using my dosing pump. I have a Jebao DP4. Currently the dosing pump is fitted into my sump cabinet. Ideally I want to have the kalk (and other supplements) dosed into the sump and the Acropower in the tank. I have the following queries related to the dosing -

1. Can I dose Acropower into the sump or is it advisable to dose straight into the tank?

2. If I want to dose the Acropower into the tank it would mean pumping it up almost 40-42 inches because the dosing pump is much lower than the tank surface. Is that ok or will it burn out the Jebao pump.

3. My current kalkwasser requirement is 1gallon of saturated limewater per day which I dose through the ATO. However this is not the best option as evaporation is not consistent and I would like constant slow dosing. Space constraints means that I cannot keep large containers for kalk dosing and hence would prefer a highly concentrated kalk solution. How can I do that? Will dissolving kalk in vinegar help?

Back