Dragonet Death Sentence

SnookNGoby16

Buyer beware. So I just wanted to share that l have had my tank up and running for about 3 months. Got a nice cleanup crew, two damsels and an ocellarius clownfish. Also have a few mushroom corals. This is the second Fluval 13.5 gallon l’ve owned. I bought a “scooter blenny” according to the aquarium shop last weekend. Sadly, l realized once I got him home he resembled my favorite reef fish a Mandarin Goby..and I was correct. Both in the dragonet family and both hard to keep without having plenty of pods and a well established tank. He made it a week! 😢 I blame myself for not properly identifying the fish but l am seeing that there are many common names for these fish that don’t accurately represent their scientific names. I’ll definitely do my research next time. As awesome as these fish are, they not for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of experience or a well established tank. RIP “scooter”

They are the coolest family of fish! My wedding ring and ankle tattoo is the mandarin. Should have known better! Scooter is currently in a Tampa Bay landfill. We only have room to improve. However check this out. The Seagate hotel in Del Rey has some legit fish amazing tanks!

Back