** Drumroll ** Announcing the new MARS Website! LIVE TONIGHT

palygirl

It is with GREAT pleasure that I announce the launch of the new MARS website. The new site takes advantage of some of the latest "coding" features and offers a more wysiwyg environment for our webmaster, making it easier to keep it updated. Integration on the site allows you to shop as well as post in the forums under the same user account. People will now be able to use PayPal to purchase their raffle tickets and lunch for the upcoming Frag Swap.

The Events Calendar can even download to your Outlook Calendar. Never miss an important MARS function again!

Because of the age of the software behind the previous site, the MARS Board chose not to transfer the existing forums to the new site. Everyone will need to create a new profile. You do not need to be a paid member of MARS to create an account.

Go check it out ... www.marineaquarist.org Let me know if you have any questions....

do we use are old login, or do we have to start new reg?

Sorry did not read completely.

Yes, you need to create a new registration. Your one user name will work across the entire site... In the Shop, in the Forums... Creating your new profile there is easy and quick!

new site looks really good. I had a question though, in the shop it has the price of the frag swap as $5. Is this correct?

new site looks really good. I had a question though, in the shop it has the price of the frag swap as $5. Is this correct?

That is correct -- The Board of Directors started this policy last year with the hope that the turn out would be greater. Since the room was overflowing last year - it seems like it worked. No worries this year we have a large building with plenty of room for up to 300 swappers

As the site just went live late Monday night there will be some times over the next day or two when the site might be down as I update links and work on the last few glitches. Some of the features could not be tested until the site was live

Thanks for your patience

Added a different forum as the first one chosen was creating a few issues. Will let you know in the next couple of hours if you will need to recreate your account

Last edited:
For those who already created accounts it appears you to need to go to the forum software and create an account again. As long as the two accounts (website and forum) share the same username, passwords and email address the two logins should sync so you will have one log in site wide. Thanks for helping with the beta testing :)

Back