Dry Fit Plumbing Test for 200g, Critique before I glue?

Hezamam

Hello everyone,

I spent 3 days dry fitting PVC and frankly I have no idea what am doing. This is my first time plumbing a reef and at this point I need external help. I read most if not all posts here about plumbing just need a little guidance if I am on the right path here. I will post a ton of pictures since I know how hard it is to explain plumbing by words.

The confusing part for me was fitting this massive UV Unit I bought. its a lifeguard pro max 90w, I have about 275 gallons total system volume and I oversized UV to run it through ALL my returns. So Pump directly into UV into display tank. Since the unit is so big I can turn up the flow and still get adequate flow for the reef tank and dwell times for the UV for mostly algae. Is that thinking correct? I still have the option plumb it through the sump by the manifold with some flex tubing and tune the flow precisely, but I read that's worse because not all of the water is gonna get sterilized. Only thing different I would differently from the pictures in probably raise everything so its near the top and opens up full space in the sump for protein skimmer and future reactors, since the manifold right now is blocking part of the sump. Also I will add another T in the far far right and close it off for a future chiller that will reside in the right cabinet.

For the drain its much simpler, three drains for overflow box bean animal style. There are two designs down below, one with 90s and one with 45, I wanna go with the 90 degree elbow because I have 1.5" drains and I don't think flow will be restricted to be honest. Looks cleaner. Thanks in advance for all the help.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 10.23.48 PM(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 10.23.46 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 10.23.48 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 11.27.21 PM(1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 11.27.48 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 11.27.49 PM.jpg

Oh yeah and sorry the returns in the back are floating I still haven't cut the final final pipe measurements

I like your drain design 1, I think the 90's aren't a problem for that size pipe and it is neater. I don't really understand the manifold function for the part you marked as <-7->.

I like your drain design 1, I think the 90's aren't a problem for that size pipe and it is neater. I don't really understand the manifold function for the part you marked as <-7->.
I wanted the manifold on top of the skimmer and refugium chamber exactly; for easy access when I place reactors later down the line. So number 7 just says that water is going left after the water goes down to UV and back up, the water just continues its way onto the T where it goes into the top corner returns. Sorry my digital paint skills are not very clear

1000173554.jpg

This was my sketch design before I dry fitted. This sketch didn't work out 1 to 1 in real life because I realized no way the manifold and the UV will fit together in one line. So that's why I had to drop the UV behind the sump.

Also drains were obstructed by the stand so had to go 90s

Back