Dry Rock question

li_newb

New member
So I recently purchased some dry rock which was in a tank but out of water for a long time. It had some green algae on it and other pieces looked pretty clean. The seller told me to clean it off so I did a muriatic acid bath and a dilute bleach bath. Most of the rock is white to light brown but my question is are the shells of the i guess worms ok and what are the red dots on this rock. also , is it safe to start to cook the rock?

thank you
 

Attachments

  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_1 (1).jpg
    photo_1 (1).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0

JavyJaverson

New member
once the smell of bleach is gone from the rock, i'd say its ready for cooking. I've added rock to a display after acid and bleach without any trouble. Nothing on that rocks looks alive or harmful
 

li_newb

New member
Do I need to cook or can I place it in my tank and start cycling? and is that red corraline or somthing else
 
Top