Dual Reactor Help!

Vorog

Okay so I finally hooked up my BRS dual reactor. Was running a single for a while. I have the Cobalt MJ1200 with a valve. I put in my GFO and carbon and I can not get the GFO to tumble at all. I thought maybe my lines were too long so I shorten them to see if pressure was the issue. I tried everything. Any ideas? My reactor is on the wall to the left of my sump. I had the lines running to the return side which is on the right. I thought it was too long of travel, so I put the pump and return for the reactor in the skimmer section (left side) and still not working. Any ideas??

Something is wrong for sure. I use a 600 wide open with no problems.wish I could offer help.

Dual Reactor Help!

I bought the reactor from a fellow TBRC member. It is an older unit, with new hard style chambers. It has to be a flow issue. The GFO side is full of water, however the carbon side is trickling from the top. I took the carbon out and tried running just GFO on the left intake side. Still not tumbling at all.

Last edited:
Maybe an air pocket in the carbon side? Shouldn't stop the gfo from tumbling though. Try twisting off carbon canister just a little to let air in and the water rise.

Maybe an air pocket in the carbon side? Shouldn't stop the gfo from tumbling though. Try twisting off carbon canister just a little to let air in and the water rise.

I thought that too, so I got all the air out. still no luck. I also tried just cutting some line really short and sticking the reactor in the sump with about a few inches of head pressure, still no luck. So I think something is wrong with the reactors flow.

Does it matter how much GFO is in the reactor? I am using 7.5 tablespoons. The reactor is about 1/4 full... is that not enough to tumble??

/facepalm okay I feel like an idiot. So all the video's i have watched the "intake" was on the left side. Mine is on the right side (carbon side). Needless to say I got it working great now. The MJ1200 is way more than enough to get it going hahaha. smh it's the little things that get you...or just me.

Back