Dumb Plumbing Question - SCWD

anderson0196

I have a SCWD device on the back of my tank that requires a 3/4" (ID) feed line.....I assume if the return pump I get does not also have a 3/4" outline (the ones I'm looking at are smaller) that I would need to adjust up somehow....

My question is, how do you do that when using flexible tubing? And what impact will it have (if any) on flow?

Since the pump has the smaller line size, up sizing to 3/4" will not reduce the flow. There will be a little less head pressure for the pump to overcome with the larger sized tubing. There are a variety of barbed fittings available to adapt the smaller pump size discharge to the 3/4" SCWD size.

Since the pump has the smaller line size, up sizing to 3/4" will not reduce the flow. There will be a little less head pressure for the pump to overcome with the larger sized tubing. There are a variety of barbed fittings available to adapt the smaller pump size discharge to the 3/4" SCWD size.

Thanks!

I had been searching the web today for this answer before I posted the question and of course as soon as I do I find what I'm looking for.

Here it is for others that may be interested in the future:
http://www.melevsreef.com/how_to_build.html

Obviously adapt for your needs

Back