Dumb Question About GSP

MaineRain

Are there different types of GSP? Long 'fingered' and short? I have some of the short and like it just fine. But saw a picture of a clown hosting a long finger GSP and it got me thinking...

Or are short and long all the same, just grow in age?

Thanks!

The tentacles on ours go from long to short, depending on how it's feeling, I guess. And of course, when we get new bulbs, they're very short.

There are different types. Clavularia viridis, as well as a Briareum sp. I've had both at one time, and they're beautiful. The Briarium is closely related to encrusting gorgonian.

I've noticed that many sites that sell corals incorrectly identify them as the same thing, with text "Formerly known as..." However the Carribean Briareum typically exhibits the branching structure. I've given many frags of this away within SWAM.... If you've received GSP from me (or indirectly) it's Briareum Sp.

Of course, the same coral in different systems will have different growth patterns...

-Rob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7495633#post7495633 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ewan
There are different types. Clavularia viridis, as well as a Briareum sp. I've had both at one time, and they're beautiful. The Briarium is closely related to encrusting gorgonian.

I've noticed that many sites that sell corals incorrectly identify them as the same thing, with text "Formerly known as..." However the Carribean Briareum typically exhibits the branching structure. I've given many frags of this away within SWAM.... If you've received GSP from me (or indirectly) it's Briareum Sp.

Of course, the same coral in different systems will have different growth patterns...

-Rob

*cause your a peach*
thanks!!!

megan

Back