Duncan Donation from Roe's Marine World

jessiesgrrl

In Memoriam
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you guys know that Roe's Marine World (www.roesmarineworld.com) has donated two seperate polyps of Duncans to our frag auction in January. I got them this morning, and they are gorgeous!!!!!! They are about 2/3 open now- I will postpics tonight when they are fully open.

Wooohooo!

:D
Laurie

They are freaking cool, in my humble estimation.They look like Palythoa (The middle size zoanthid) but they have a calcium skeleton instead of being softies.

They are almost all the way open... I have the camera at the ready!!!

Laurie

These are the Duncans! Theya re even more beautiful than on his website, and imo, WELL WORTH the money I paid for my polyp!!! I am not usually one that buys per polyp items- I wait to trade for frags. But these are so awesome, I couldn't help it. They are lavendar, pink, and yellow. I tried my best in these shots to get the color:

Duncans4.jpg

duncans3.jpg

duncans2.jpg

duncans1.jpg

I also got an acan frag, a metallic torch frag, and a neon green favia frag... <grin> Had to make shipping worth it!!

acanandfavia.jpg

closeuptorch.jpg

torchandchalice.jpg

And I got this one from Ellsworth (Alex's store) for my upcoming birthday. It's a montipora that was bleached pretty badly- was brown when Alex got it in but it is now showing some green shading:

montipora.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8904078#post8904078 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spotfin
When I read the title, I was looking for donuts:D

LOL, ok, well then just for you I'll hit Dunkin Donuts up for a g/c to auction...

<grin>
Laurie

I am really interested to see what the growth rate will be since they aren't softy like regular zoas...

Laurie

Back