Duncan question

jaylensdad06

I have had my duncans for quite a while. since the frag auction @ NWEST house. but recently I added a lot mor flow in my tank. ie 2 RW15s in a 4ft 120. everything seems to be doin good accept my duncans...I even put them in the lowest flow in my tank as possible. recently they have been staying closed a most of the day. I attribute it to the amount of flow I added....because everything but them and my acans r doing great. nothing has changed in perameters accept nitrates went from 5 to 7 because of a skimmer over flow..but everything else is awesome....I guess my question is how long should I wait to try to find another home for them..i don't want to lose them because I think duncans r awesome. I am looking for more sticks tho. should I wait n see or should I try to trade or sell...I can take a pic but I have no filter for my phone so I have to wait till the whites r on tomarrow. thanx in advance

Try to put them behind some live rock to block the flow. That is what I did. When I first got the Duncan it hated my tank because of the flow. Now it opens up after a few hours even if I touch the heads.

Is the rock taller than the duncan? Mine is like that. I think it took a few days to open up again after it got really annoyed with me initially. Give it 4 days and see what happens. Try not to poke it lol

Don't think flow is your issue, unless it's really, really strong current (mines right under an MP40 at full blast). Check for low nutrients, cyano bacteria (will irritate), high/low PH and/or high/low salinity. Not too many people have issues with low nutrients, so probably one of the others.

As far as sticks, IMO, figure out this issue first, they'll be more sensitive to environmental issues than the duncan. The next frag auction will be @ Brian Greens (see post in forum), there will be LOTS of frags available.

I have stix in my tank now that r doing good...few montis. A stylo. Garf bonsaii.. Cali tort. Green slimmer that came back from the dead...I do have a little cyano that just popped up but no where near the Duncan. I believe it's because I removed a couple rocks out of my tank to put in my wife's...and I dose nopox. 2mils a day.

I have stix in my tank now that r doing good...few montis. A stylo. Garf bonsaii.. Cali tort. Green slimmer that came back from the dead...I do have a little cyano that just popped up but no where near the Duncan. I believe it's because I removed a couple rocks out of my tank to put in my wife's...and I dose nopox. 2mils a day.

Siphon the cyano out (and keep it out) and see if the duncan gets happier.

Back