Ebay

OneThunder

I ran the term "salt water aquarium" on ebay search. Wondering if worth it to purchase. At least the equipment. I would hesitate at the aquarium itself, due to the fact that if they used copper for a treatment. Just thinking that in the future I better have some equipment available for a quarantine tank and hated to pay the price for brand new equipment. Check out this-they even sell fish. Here is a dog faced puffer auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dog-Face-Puffer...746923575QQcategoryZ66795QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saturday night and I'm surfing the web. Daughter's due date and still no baby. Don't remember waiting for mine own this long....

Oh there are MANY MANY things that have to do with this hobby on ebay. Tons of coral and tons of equipment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826623#post6826623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Oh there are MANY MANY things that have to do with this hobby on ebay. Tons of coral and tons of equipment.
So, like, if I find a real good deal on a 210 gallon set up, in say, oh how about Oklahoma, I can call you guys and yell "ROAD TRIP"????:D

Sure you can call and yell whatever you want but we wont listen :) Have you looked through the selling forums here on RC yet?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826728#post6826728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Have you looked through the selling forums here on RC yet?
couple of nights ago when I thought I was going to have to get a hospital tank. Nothing close. Another question. Acrylic tanks okay for saltwater>:confused: and what do you think of the "bow front" tanks? I was told they leak easy.:eek:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826657#post6826657 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OneThunder
So, like, if I find a real good deal on a 210 gallon set up, in say, oh how about Oklahoma, I can call you guys and yell "ROAD TRIP"????:D

You can yell anything you wish....doesn't mean I'll go :) That is a long way away...unless of course it is during the summer and I could ride my crotch rocket.

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826993#post6826993 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OneThunder
couple of nights ago when I thought I was going to have to get a hospital tank. Nothing close. Another question. Acrylic tanks okay for saltwater>:confused: and what do you think of the "bow front" tanks? I was told they leak easy.:eek:

My cube tank is acrylic and I really liked my bowfront tank when I had it. I never once had any kind of a leak problem with it. I think that is more of a myth then anything else.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6827001#post6827001 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sdsheeks
unless of course it is during the summer and I could ride my crotch rocket.

Dave

uh...we would put the 210 gallon set up .....where? :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6827198#post6827198 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OneThunder
uh...we would put the 210 gallon set up .....where? :D

Dunno, but I'll follow to make sure it stays put.

Dave

I just got my 300 on ebay and went to mich to pick it up.So you can get some good deals on there.If you suspect copper in a tank cut out the selicone and replace it copper only sets in the seals.

But that would be a pain on a big tank and impossible on acrylic

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6830244#post6830244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
If you want amazing then look at the one I am about to post the link to. I saw this on in person andI am shocked that they are selling it. I am even more shocked at the price they are selling it for.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=771399

WOW. Double WOW That would be big enough for my buddies. Course, no more room in the living for...say..the couch. Love it!

Acrylic is nice, my cube is acrylic also, but if you are planinng on making that Spot's new home, I would buy glass....Puffers are known for raking their teeth against the sides for attention, and to try and where them down, would hate to see you buy a big expensive tank, and have him decorate it for you!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6830755#post6830755 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MBuck
Acrylic is nice, my cube is acrylic also, but if you are planinng on making that Spot's new home, I would buy glass....Puffers are known for raking their teeth against the sides for attention, and to try and where them down, would hate to see you buy a big expensive tank, and have him decorate it for you!
good point Marie, and he does actually do that....I have to smile, sometimes he swims right up and "smiles" at himself. (exposing his teeth):D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6830991#post6830991 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigbenji
my goby used to approach the glass with a look that said, "What chu talkin' bout Willis?"

TalkingAbout.jpg

:D Dubbin,
you amaze me with the photos you come up with! i don't think i have ever laughed so much on a forum!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6831041#post6831041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MBuck
:D Dubbin,
you amaze me with the photos you come up with! i don't think i have ever laughed so much on a forum!

Ditto!:D

Back