Ecotech MP10QD design issue

dhalderman

Very frustrated with my MP10. An otherwise great pump with one design flaw, the ceramic shaft in the wet side breaks continuously, and when it does it becomes very noisy. I have seen a youtube video regarding using heatshrink tubing to repair. Has anybody else done this with success? What tubing did you use if so? I have used the warranty multiple times already, I think 2 times in the last 6 months, for my 2 MP10's, but this is not a long term solution. And now they are noisy again.

Ecotech if you're out there, if I could buy a bunch of those tiny ceramic shafts to replace every time I clean the wet side I would, but until that is offered I have no solution. Is there any new designs in the mix we should see soon? There has got to something to fix what could be an otherwise perfect pump.

Not sure how you're cleaning them, but I have (4) MP40's and (2) MP10's and I've yet to have one break. These are all well over 5 years old. Matter of fact, I've never even replaced a wet side.

Maybe if you've had them 5 years they are older models of a different design. I know they have upgraded since then.
As far as cleaning goes nothing special. Just take them out, soak in 50/50 vinegar mix, brush them off and reassemble.

Maybe if you've had them 5 years they are older models of a different design. I know they have upgraded since then.
As far as cleaning goes nothing special. Just take them out, soak in 50/50 vinegar mix, brush them off and reassemble.

I would not use vinegar on the MP10 wet sides. The vinegar can get through the plastic and corrode the magnets causing a failure. Use citric acid with water instead.

Many moons ago I had them break. 2 mp40s die. One grinding noisy mp10. I still have a working mp10 in a box in the basement. This is when they first came out pretty much. The first few years. Never again.

Tunze is much better. Who cares if you have a wire in the tank now days? *** is this a fashion show?

Back