Emporer angel

Thanks Gilly - I am actually very pleased with his transformation thus far - he seems to be developeing good solid lines from the outest. I have often seen emporer's changing with lots of short lines, and spaces in between....... they later go on to have a less than perfect pattern, with the lines all over the place..... but my guy is pretty much going down the same road as yours did, so hopefully he'll turn into a good one ;)

I have 2 no. 250 MH also........ you think the middle of your tank is dark- my tank is 8x2x2! LOL! Need to get another lamp for the middle really - but thats about no. 7 or 8 on the priority list! Your lighting seems to really show off your emporer's colours nicely - what bulbs are you using (i.e. 10k, 14k, 20k?)

Did you find yours very aggressive? Appearently this is the most aggressive phase of their life..... their "puberty & adolescent" stage...... and they settle down a bit again once the transformation is complete? Hope so, coz mine is doing his nut at the moment, attacking everything and anything that moves!

So far so good with the corals, BUT, I'm about to implement some serious changes. Up until recently I had SPS only, and he didn't touch them. I got tired of the sps and have reverted to the good old soties...... 'shrooms, leathers (finger, devils hand, sacrophyton, sinularia, etc.) and star polyps........ they are all in a quarantine tank at the moment...... next weekend we will find out if he's gonna eat them or not! Fingers crossed :)

lol, I thought only two lamps in a 6x2x2 was bad enough :)

I'm currently using 14k bulbs but one blew recently and I'm using an old one which has gone bit yellow. Keep meaning to buy a new bulb.

Good luck with the softy introductions ;)

Well just to update here - in case anyone was following it (this is a major hi-jacking here.... sorry about that) .... and its sort of relavent with the emperor + reef theme....
Taken yesterday:
0803121.jpg

0803122.jpg

Doesn't seem to have noticably grown lately..... but colours are defenitely coming along at a steady pace....... what it took Gillybaby's emporer to do in 7 months mine has taken about 9...... but I have had a few problems and 3 rounds oh Hypo treatment in that 9 months.... so I am not too worried about the 2-3 month "lag".....

As far as reef...... well I introduced a bunch of softies a few weeks ago.... munch munch..... he's started eating them..... so far, the sacrophyton toadstools, star polyps, and mushrooms have gone unmolested....... but the other seem to be getting hammered..... I think I am going to pull them out at the weekend..... no sense in just lettign him eat them.......

Regards,

Matt

Just wanted to update this thread - there was a little interest in the progress of my emporer - here is a couple of week ago.....

SandPics016.jpg

Back