Empty Hoods

gussy

Where can I buy empty low profile hoods for T5 use? I need to put in about 5 24W T5 in a hood. Those 30" Current Satellite hoods are the right size that I need but I don't want to strip one just for the hood.

Thanks!

I have made quite a few hoods out of the aluminum bleacher seat materials. They are extruded aluminum, usually can be had anodized, and come in various widths from 4" up to 10 or 12" wide and in all kinds of lengths. You can also get plastic or aluminum endcaps for the stuff......IIRC the last stuff I bought was 8" wide, 2" high and 12 foot long and I gave $1.60 a foot for it. Its easy to remove the extruded stiffeners in the aluminum boards, so its shaped similar to coralifes aluminum hoods....Use a little intuition and y u can make use of some of the integral stiffners as well for mounting clips and sockets etc . IMHO aluminum bleacher seats work great for a slim design hood.

I bought the first bunch I used for various odds and ends at the scrap yard, where I found some damaged bleechers. Another time I seen a company installing aluminum bleechers in the local softball complex and asked them, and they sold me a few pieces. Then I needed more later on down the road and found a source locally in the yellow pages under portable seating....I called them and they were not interested in selling parts as much as coplete assemblies, but I did manage to get a name of the manufacturer, who I then contacted and bought parts from. I do not recall the name off the top of my head but it was something like Stadium Seating Co.....but they wewre out of Florida. I am sure you could easily find somethng in the yellow pages or check with various places that utilize such seating (schools, gyms, baseball and football fields/stadiums) and look for a brand name

Back