Endless ich

flamehawk2

Over the last several months I have treated my 625g FOWLR tank for ich/velvet by using several different methods......Hyposalinity @1.008 for 45 days, Copper for 30 days at 1.75ppm and after that didn't work, copper at 2.00ppm for 45 days. For good measure in case it was flukes, I dosed the tank with Prazi 3 times now. Have not added anything new to the tank at all and have no nothing else that can infect the tank. I am currently away but have someone watching over the fish and I have a video camera on 24 hours a day. I just observed on video that yellow tang is again scratching against the sand and rocks!! Other fish are flashing and darting. There still some prazi in there and under 1.00 ppm of copper as prophylactic. I am at witts end as have no idea what else to do as it looks like I've encountered a parasite mutation which is immune to hypo and copper even at 2.00ppm for 45 days. Suggestions and advise needed please. I have some beautiful angels and tangs which IK I m afraid may ultimately succumb to either the parasite or the medication frequency.

Back