Equipment

L8ndeb

Registered Reef Keeper
Hello All!

Well for a very long absence of not being here or in the reef community, I have decided to get back in. I eventually will be looking for a skimmer, lighting, etc. I think I will go with an Apex controller. However, (and I know I will be opening a can of worms) what is the best LED lighting available now, and the best skimmer?
My tank will be 120 to 200 gal, and a community tank with soft corals.

TIA

Welcome back.

Skimmers, IMO, are about the same. I’m still running an old eShopps cone skimmer.

I still run MH so I don’t know much about LED. But, Radion, AI, Reef Breeders seem to be considered well.

Hello All!

Well for a very long absence of not being here or in the reef community, I have decided to get back in. I eventually will be looking for a skimmer, lighting, etc. I think I will go with an Apex controller. However, (and I know I will be opening a can of worms) what is the best LED lighting available now, and the best skimmer?
My tank will be 120 to 200 gal, and a community tank with soft corals.

TIA
Before you buy an Apex I would look into the Hydros Controller line from Coralvue. Seems to be getting good reviews recently. LED lighting is too numerous to recommend just one but for soft corals you don't need the most expensive brand. I'm a big fan of and currently use Kessil 360s on my soft coral tank. I have also heard good things about Philips Coral Care, Reefi Uno's, and for a budget friendly option the Nicrew Hyper Reef 150s are good.

As mentioned above, you don’t need the ultra expensive lighting for softies (unless you’re trying to pull a certain flouresence). The suggestions above are some great suggestions.

Back