Euro Reef skimmer

asbauto

Hey everyone I posted this in national board but like some local input also, recently my skimmer pump died and had to throw a spare mag 9.5 on to get by. I'm running an old Euro Reef 8-2 I purchased from Roger years ago, it seems to work fine but I have nothing to compare since this skimmer is all I have used after upgrading to a big tank. Would it be best to replace the Sedra pump that broke, Find a different pump or find a completely new skimmer? I don't know how these compare to some of the newer brands and styles so I need some experienced input.

Well the sedras are energy hogs and loud. Could be expensive trying to find a pump to work right. Maybe call John for his input. He has messed with more of these than anyone in the area. Fish and other Ichtchy Stuff.

If you decide to go another route please let me know. I have been wanting to experiment with one of these for a while. Finding one without a pump has been the problem.

Hey snake I see in your signature area you modded yours to recirculation skimmer .... can you post a pic or I will pm my number and text me a pic with some info. I was thinking about going that route also

I moded an 8-3 back in the day. Fed it with a sedra 5000 and recirc'd a sedra 9000 pulling from the bottom. It ended do a great job on a 600g sustem. Long before I had a camera phone so no pics sorry.

I hope you don't mind if I jump in but I recently purchased an 8-1 with an eheim 1262 that I think is loud. The skimmer seems to work well but I'd like suggestions for a replacement? Did all the ER's come with Sedra's originally?

I hope you don't mind if I jump in but I recently purchased an 8-1 with an eheim 1262 that I think is loud. The skimmer seems to work well but I'd like suggestions for a replacement? Did all the ER's come with Sedra's originally?

I think they all came with Sedra 5000 from what I have read, I didn't really see a problem with noise from my 9000 until the end but the suction noise from airline was very loud so I made a silencer. But again this is the only large skimmer I have owned and only pump I ran on it

I have an old Euro Reef sitting in my garage and just looked and the pump is a Sedra 5000. I have zero idea what it's worth or a fair price, but pm me if interested.

The skimmer and pump was working fine when I broke it down for an iTech last year. I can test pump out if your interested.

Euro reef/ reef dynamics has had several pump manufacturers over the years. Sedra, Eheim and I think gen-x for a short time. Sedra 3500 to I want to say 12000's were available depending which skimmer. Maybe even a 2500 on the smallest. Good thing was you could order a custom skimmer. Add multiple pumps or upsize.

Euro reef/ reef dynamics has had several pump manufacturers over the years. Sedra, Eheim and I think gen-x for a short time. Sedra 3500 to I want to say 12000's were available depending which skimmer. Maybe even a 2500 on the smallest. Good thing was you could order a custom skimmer. Add multiple pumps or upsize.

Yes Robthorn you are correct, My response was for the 8- series sorry for the confusion :thumbsup:

Well the sedras are energy hogs and loud. Could be expensive trying to find a pump to work right. Maybe call John for his input. He has messed with more of these than anyone in the area. Fish and other Ichtchy Stuff.

If you decide to go another route please let me know. I have been wanting to experiment with one of these for a while. Finding one without a pump has been the problem.

I have one without a pump just sitting in the garage if your interested let me know

We have a euro reef at the workplace. The pump cut out on us. Apparently they have an issue with over heating and the drive shaft swelling trapping the impeller. Was also very loud.

I have an old Euro Reef sitting in my garage and just looked and the pump is a Sedra 5000. I have zero idea what it's worth or a fair price, but pm me if interested.

The skimmer and pump was working fine when I broke it down for an iTech last year. I can test pump out if your interested.
pm you

I have a euro reef 12-1sitting in the garage which worked well with two Serdra 5000s. I modded the impellars with mesh. I was advised to use those pumps or sicce. I thought the sedras were a little loud but with my stand closed up I really didn't notice. All in all they're good skimmers. If I were you I'd go get a 5000 and get it running

Does anyone here run Sicce psk skimmer pumps that can give me feedback. The only thing I have owned from them was a powerhead and wasn't too impressed......

Back