Evolution

Cozwey

Go Canada!!!!
Well, I guess I am going to break the ice and start to write some of this down. This has been a wonderful journey for my wife and I and we both want to share this with others.

I will start by stating that I am a horrible writer and cannot spell worth a darn. Ok now for those of you who have chosen to stay I will begin.

On the Friday, June 7th 2013 my wife and I were out doing some shopping and we were talking about aquariums. As it turns out we both have always considered the idea of starting a fish tank at some point in our lives. We are both on our second marriages and are finding it interesting all the things we share in common.

Well fast forward an hour or so and we are standing in the LFS. Not just any LFS but a huge box store bright and shiny LFS that is a chain store in good old Canada. Loaded with stuff to the point you can barely move around.
We manage to find an employee and start to have some discussion. Did I mention the staffer appeared to be roughly 16 years of age? Well after listening to blaa blaa blaa we walked out and decided that we likely should look around a little more.
On the way home we called another LFS which had great reviews online. So we phoned and asked this simple statement "if we wanted to start a salt water about how much would it cost to get going?" Well the very nice woman from that store casually stated "Oh"¦ about $2500-$3000).

Well, after we stopped laughing we decided we really needed to think more about it. We went home and hopped on Google and stared to look at aquariums and the neat stuff that goes along with it. As I suffered the net I kept finding references to RC. That would turn out to be a sign of things to come.

So, the next day we ventured out to the big LSF again and we were able to ask some better more informed (ya right) questions.
On Sunday we decided to purchase a tank, stand, sump, plumbing and accessories used online.

My wife wished me happy fathers day and I proceeded to spend fathers dad washing sand and getting the setup started.

Back