Extension tubes

hmm thanks, will drop by the henrys tonight to see if they let me try a teleconverter before buying one ... the online pics arent THAT different from tubes + macro lens.

I gotta look into reversing hte macro lens, or stacking lens too, I just love macro shots too much ...

so I took some shots last night, and need someone to critisize it ... please point out the flaws and or mistakes so I can work on them :)

firstly, tried taking pics of sugar and salt .... here is the best I could get :
IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

the RGB graph is cut off on the left side, how do I take pics so I can capture more ligth ? flash ? here are the settings :
Iso 100
shutter speed 30 !
Aperture 32
100 mm macro lens +3 tubes.

and some coral shots :
IMG_2928-1.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

how do I take pics so I can capture more ligth ? flash ? here are the settings :
Iso 100
shutter speed 30 !
Aperture 32
100 mm macro lens +3 tubes.

Flash.
Raise ISO.
Raise aperture, (lower number).
Longer SS.

You have to understand what these things do. The Book, Understanding Exposure, read it.

Flash.
Raise ISO.
Raise aperture, (lower number).
Longer SS.

You have to understand what these things do. The Book, Understanding Exposure, read it.

hmm I see, I got the book ... but when I raise the aperture, other grains go out of focus. ...

I'll try longer shutter speed ... I was shooting in AV mode which decided on 30 seconds. I will try to manually set that.

higher ISO I tried it, didnt look good. too much noise.

now question about flash .... with 30 seconds shutter speed, what kind of flash do ppl use ? the built in flash doesnt do it.

WRT the TC on longer lenses. the largest TC i've used on my 300mm f/4 is the 1.4. If it isn't bright sunshine with the 1.7, AF starts hunting. 2.0 TC is much worse. Pretty much useless unless it's mid day, not a cloud in the sky lighting. I've tried all three and will only use/own the 1.4. It also works great on the 105mm f/2.8 VR.

Back