Father Son 40 Breeder Reef

The tank is looking great! Love the flame angel and wish I still had mine, I used to have one in one of my old tanks but had to give him away due to nipping on my clam. Hope to see more updates and see those corals grow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris!. So far the flame has been good. Will keep a close eye on him and hope he doesn't nip too much. He is gorgeous though, they are one bright colored fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8f485c1d2e051198e4f4ba2293e0deb3.jpg

Starting Aquaforest.

You should like it, I started not too long ago myself and have seen a drastic change in nutrients in the water via P04 and N03 (not showing up on test kits). Haven't seen much change in corals yet but just got the ABEV bottles today. I also do not use any of the fish stuff but might get fish V in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good Chris. Been using the probiotic salt for a couple weeks. It mixes up so nicely. Also just started using phos minus. Going to try and pick up a phosphate test kit soon.

Just subscribed. Looking good man. Your gonna like AF, just make sure you start at half the recommended dosage and work your way up. Corals will let you know if your overdosing or under.

Thanks! One drop treats 27 gallons and I figure we are at about 35 gallons on this setup. I'll keep a close eye and if anything maybe skip a day?

Yea for now eod dosing of nppro and pro sounds good and alternate av and be. If you see corals getting to pastel or light, ease up on the E. If to dark ease up on the A. Loss of corals stop all dosing and do some big w/c. Pm me if you have any question or you can ask perry whos is the resident af guru

Gotcha, thx! With the second day I am seeing much less algae growth on the sand. The water looks cleaner to look through. Paying close attention the the corals as you suggest. Skimmer is making great stuff!

Yea for now eod dosing of nppro and pro sounds good and alternate av and be. If you see corals getting to pastel or light, ease up on the E. If to dark ease up on the A. Loss of corals stop all dosing and do some big w/c. Pm me if you have any question or you can ask perry whos is the resident af guru

Just curious but why alternate ABEV?

Father Son 40 Breeder Reef

Not sure which or why with those but I read that Energy and Vitality are dosed every other day. The builder and amino are every day. So far all looks good here.

Oops, I've been doing build and amino every other day as well. Time to change it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just curious but why alternate ABEV?

Not sure which or why with those but I read that Energy and Vitality are dosed every other day. The builder and amino are every day. So far all looks good here.

Oops, I've been doing build and amino every other day as well. Time to change it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Basically there is no correct way or standard way of dosing these. In reality the only thing that you must dose daily is nppro and probios. Besides that your tank/corals will tell you. However must AF users dose AV and BE on alternative days. Build you can also dose daily, without any issues.
Carefull with daily aminos, they are very concentrated and can lead to cyano. Also darkening/browing of corals. Same goes for Energy ne carefull with it as well. If you see corals very light/ ease of it or increase aminos or feeding.

Last edited:
This is a quote from Perrys page. He is the resident AF guru.
"The "night time" dosing products are mainly due to sps corals having feeder polyps out for food gathering. Your "night time" setting are fine, I usually dose about an hour or so after lights out with Energy, Vitality, Build, and Amino Mix. I pair the Energy with Build and alternate days with Vitality and Amino Mix. I usually dose NP Pro and Pro Bio S first thing in the morning, just a method of routine that I have employed that seems to work :)"

Back