Favorite Bay Area Fish/Coral Store?

I hear you. So, where do you shop?

I understand your point about 6th Ave. I don't like how they offer sharks & rays- along w' certain angels & butterflies that clearly don't belong in aquaria. Also, the place is dirty and the staff dismissive.

I'm a reluctant shopper b/c their prices are unbeatable, and with a discerning eye, their selection & quality are ok.

Behind the curtain, even the most advanced boutique aquarium store gets a portion of its coral & fish from wholesalers, holding tanks, and shippers that house critters in far more deplorable conditions than 6th Ave.

Look at it this way... just b/c the meat looks nice in the package, it doesn't mean that the slaughterhouse is sound. Similarly, just b/c your coral came from 'Fish, Fish, & more Fish' doesn't mean that it was ethically and carefully collected, housed, and shipped to the store... This is a nagging philosophical conflict I have w' the hobby- even when maricultured, aquacultured, frags, and captive-bred fish are becoming more popular...

So, I hear your point. 6th Ave is kind of a dump. As for the coral being dyed, let's wait & see. (I've never heard of a cup coral being dyed, but what do I know?)...

Tofu- the cup coral is about 9" across, and is shaped like a half-moon (4-5" radius)... Color is still in-tact...

Take care,

Flamehawk

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13537007#post13537007 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WLachnit
Is Robert still focused on corals? Or has he expanded to other livestock?

He definitely has more corals than fish at the moment. However, compared to several months ago, he's got more fish in his tanks now. He's got several more tanks up and soon I'm sure he will have more fish.

Back