Favorite SCUBA diving locations

AMW

I am curious what are some of your favorite scuba diving locations for macro such as hard and soft corals, nudibranchs, mantis shrimp, etc., etc.

My favorite dive locations have so far been in the Indo-Pacific, especially Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. The bio-diversity is phenomenal. In fact, there are still previously unknown species of coral and fish being discovered each month in the coral-triangle (Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Phillipines).

Saw every one of the things you listed on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Lots of hard and soft corals, nudis, and a huge Peacock Mantis shrimp. Along with many other critters including turtles, too many fish to even try to name, octopus, reef lobsters, sharks, etc.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15627031#post15627031 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AMW
My favorite dive locations have so far been in the Indo-Pacific, especially Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. The bio-diversity is phenomenal. In fact, there are still previously unknown species of coral and fish being discovered each month in the coral-triangle (Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Phillipines).

For macro subjects, I would agree.

my favorite between florida, Roatan, Maui and Caymans is East end grand Cayman island, it open your mouth and make you say wow. It's really what heaven might look like just massive blue, walls that drop for miles, its amazing.

oh. forgot to say where. Cayman diving lodge twice but its closed now, storm wiped it from the earth. I truly dont have to dive again ever and will be satisfied for life after seeing what i saw in east end grand cayman. You have to go, there are several operators still on the east end.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15655611#post15655611 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coral diver
Philippines, Palawan island is what always come in to my head

yes, the Phillipines, supreme diving! Super macro to thresher sharks...

Back