Feeding Dwarf Golden Angel

tech_reefer

Hi all,

I have a question about my dwarf golden angel, he shows no interest in food but he seems to be poking at the rock work, glass and anything in the tank except for the corals and food. I usually try small mysis, brine shrimp, and an angel formula called
Pygmy Angel Formula - Frozen Foods. The food is soaked in selcon and garlic but still shows no interest. I have a bunch of pods in the tank. The tank is about 5 months going for 6 it’s an 60 gallon tank. A lot of rock work. Any other ideas on what I can feed him? Any one had experience with a finicky angel? Thanks !

IMG_0703.jpeg

Welcome to RC!

Any way to get live foods like white worms or black worms or live brine shrimp? Maybe even pods?

Or perhaps see if you can try Masstick? I know that seems to work well with finicky eaters

you can try worms and pellets and see if it has any interest in them

mean he pecks at things in the tank I’m sure he eats pods but that’s not enough to get him fat. I haven’t tried brine shrimp or works. Can you point me into the right direction when it comes to purchasing worms online?

It may just be doing what it does best which is grazing all day long. Of my 5 dwarf angels they each seem to have some interest in a specific variety of different foods. Most don't have the same specific interest in the same foods I add.

However, there is one thing that they ALL do which is graze on everything all day long. Having a mature tank is very helpful, having algae growth on the rocks and back glass is very helpful, having some spong growth on the rocks is very helpful, having bacteria growth on the rocks is very helpful, and having lots of pods is very helpful. They graze on anything and everything on the rocks and glass.

So, if you're seeing your angel kissing everything but not eating what you're giving it then it's probably doing ok if you have a mature healthy tank.

mean he pecks at things in the tank I’m sure he eats pods but that’s not enough to get him fat. I haven’t tried brine shrimp or works. Can you point me into the right direction when it comes to purchasing worms online?
I honestly haven’t purchased online. My LFS usually stocks black worms and live brine shrimp. White worms aren’t as common but I know that’s what @Paul B feeds his fish

These are tough. Is he staying out when the lights are on? Definitely offer angelfish formulas that contain sponge meat, and I would also try calanus. Live brine, live blackworms and nori are other options.

Back